Improving Lives is for anyone aged 18 years and over who is unemployed (or NEET) who wants to know more about volunteering opportunities in Coventry, and have a go at some volunteering activities to increase their confidence and well-being.
The Improving Lives course consists of 12 structured sessions of engaging activities, discussions, visits and support that take place on Wednesdays and Fridays, 10.30am to 12.30pm for 6 weeks. Additionally, participants can access to one-to-one support and guidance to help them with volunteering or employment barriers.
The course aim is to support participants to focus on their futures and realise their potential, improving confidence in their own skills and abilities and what they have to offer, and to learn about and practice elements necessary for finding, applying for and securing volunteer or work roles.
What participants will gain from the course:
- Know more about different volunteer & community groups and services in Coventry.
- Identify the benefits of volunteering for well-being and how they can use volunteering experience to transition into employment.
- Take part in group visits/volunteering activities to different organisations that involve volunteers to build on their strengths and skills.
- Receive advice and guidance on planning their volunteer and/or employment journey.
- Gain support to develop a CV and to practise application forms and interviews.
- Know how to use VAC’s volunteer database: a system that informs participants of volunteering opportunities and connects them to voluntary organisations who needs volunteers.
- Increase confidence and well-being through volunteering.
Participants will be asked to attend an informal discussion with the Improving Lives Project Officer to discuss the course in-depth and complete a registration form.
Bus tickets will be reimbursed and refreshments provided. Our next course begins on 9th January 2024.
For further information please contact Tia Bhayat, Improving Lives Project Officer on 024 76 220 381 or email firstname.lastname@example.org