Volunteering helps you grow!
Did you know that 43% of volunteers in Coventry do so for skills for work
In this in-depth and insightful 4 minute video Chat Central and Healthwatch Coventry volunteer, Mehajabeen, talks us through the pivotal role volunteering has played in her career development and benefits for you! She explores her transition from being a recent grad in Public Health studies to her new role in Tech.
She says that if you are looking for something to help you stand out in the competitive jobs market place then Volunteering can help you with:
- Preparedness for the workplace
- Creating structure in your days when you are 'inbetween things'
- Feeling more motivated to explore options
- Exploring idea options in a supportive environment
- The practical application of skills
- Developing soft skills