Our popular course still includes all the great content as the face to face option.
- Understanding more about volunteering and how to find the perfect role for you
- Appreciating your existing skills and assessing areas for development
- Activities and discussions in a fun environment
- Volunteering database tutorial
- Guidance and support with CV’s, interviews and application forms
- Virtual Visits to local charities: introductions from the comfort of your own home!
Sessions take place on Zoom every Wednesday and Friday morning for four weeks.
Improving Lives is for you if you are…..
- Looking to increase your self-esteem and build your confidence
- Ready to gain experience to help you transition into a volunteer role or employment
- Not currently in paid work
- Over 18 and live in Coventry
What to expect….
- Take part in group sessions in an inclusive and supportive online environment
- Explore the benefits of volunteering for your health, wellbeing, and future options
- Access one to one support to help you find a volunteering role that meets your interests and needs, and that can improve your job prospects
- If you are not sure which role is right for you, we can help you to try out a range of activities and identify your strengths
Hayley Harman was a participant during the first year of the project:
"Since taking part in Improving Lives, I have volunteered at Coventry Haven and Underground Lights Community Theatre."
Improving Lives is funded by The Henry Smith Charity