Improving Lives is for you if you are…..
* Looking to increase your self-esteem and build your confidence
* Ready to gain experience to help you transition into a volunteer role or employment
* Not currently in paid work
* Over 18 and live in Coventry
Improving Lives aims….
Improving Lives aims to support participants into volunteer roles that meet their needs, increase their confidence and the feeling of being connected to their communities, which may also be used as a stepping stone into employment.
The course comprises 16 sessions, with participants attending two 2.5 hour sessions per week over 8 weeks and is limited to 15 participants per course. Improving Lives is funded by The Henry Smith Charity.
What to expect….
* Take part in group sessions in an inclusive and supportive environment
* Explore the benefits of volunteering for your health, wellbeing and future options
* Access one to one support to help you find a volunteering role that meets your interests and needs, and that can improve your job prospects
* Ongoing support for 8 weeks after the end of your course
* If you aren’t sure which role is right for you, we can help you to try out a range of activities and identify your strengths
Improving Lives aims to:
* Support participants to assess their current situation and to identify their personal strengths and barriers
* Allow individuals to practice team work skills and gain peer support, feedback and encouragement from other course participants
* Give participants the tools to set goals and plan their volunteering and/or employment journey
* Explore personal reasons and hopes for volunteering
* Offer support to develop a CV and to practice application forms and interviews
* Discuss the benefits of volunteering for wellbeing and how participants may use their volunteering experience to transition into employment
* Use group visits to organisations that involve volunteers to give participants an idea of the wide range of opportunities available, and a taste of what volunteering might be like for them
* Help to plan transitions into volunteering or employment in a way that is sustainable
* Enable participants to create a volunteer profile, and to search, filter and apply for suitable roles