VAC seeks to encourage resilience in communities, supporting people to build their capacity and enabling them to do more for themselves. VAC believe that reducing health inequalities through the targeting of resources based on need and investing in prevention and early intervention can have a significant impact, improving both health outcomes: wellbeing, mental health and social relations and increasing productivity and educational attainment.
To tackle inequalities and disadvantage in Coventry and encourage social responsibility by building capacity in communities and individuals.
- Volunteer Centre Coventry – promotion and brokerage of volunteering opportunities to everyone in Coventry, so that together we can build capacity, share skills and tackle inequalities
- Supported volunteering – Our tailored support programmes; Accelerate, Progress, Improving Lives and Your Future - Your Integration help people with a range of barriers play an active part in their communities through volunteering
- Healthwatch Coventry - enabling the public to have a greater say on the health and social care services provided within the city, in particular, helping to address issues, problems or barriers within particular services.
- VCSE Alliance – information and advice to voluntary, community and social enterprises
- Reduce isolation - Our Chat Central programme helps bring people together with shared interests to overcome loneliness.
- Involvement in local networks, partnerships and collaborations that address disadvantage/inequalities
Founded in 1957, VAC is a registered charity and company limited by guarantee. Membership of Voluntary Action Coventry is open to all voluntary and community groups working within Coventry.