EMERGENCY FIRST AID AT WORK – EFAW COURSE level 3
Back by popular demand this Level 3 accredited training is not to be missed.
Emergency First Aid at Work - Wednesday 5th October 2022 at 9.15am - 4.45pm at VAC offices, 27-29 Trinity Street, Coventry CV1 1FJ.
Cost per participant £95.00 (includes accredited certificate, lunch and refreshments)
This Level 3 accredited Emergency First Aid at Work (EFAW) Training Course aims to provide delegates with basic theoretical and practical skills in current First Aid. The course will help you to understand the aims and principles of First Aid recognise symptoms of an emergency illness and know what to do in an emergency.
This CIEH/HABC Level 3 accredited course aims to provide delegates with basic theoretical and practical skills in current First Aid. It is designed for employers who wish to provide the highest standard of first aid care to employees, contractors and the public. This course will help you to:
- Understand the aims and principles of first aid
- Recognise symptoms of an emergency illness
- Know what to do in an emergency
- Know what's inside a first aid box and how to accurately record incidents
- Understand the assessment and treatment of wounds and bleeding, burns and scolds, an unconscious casualty, a casualty in seizure and the recovery position
- Know how to overcome asphyxia (care of a choking adult, child & infant)
- Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) for an adult, child & infant and the use of automated external defibrillator (AED)
- Cross infection and hygiene in first aid.
The cost includes lunch, refreshments, the certification cost and the cost of a workbook for each participant; which they can keep and is very useful. The trainer is an ex-paramedic so he brings a real sense of knowledge of working with vulnerable clients to the sessions. The training involves mouth to mouth (this will involve sitting on the floor) and trainees receive a kit to lace over prospective patient’s mouths. Learners must be able to kneel on the floor for the practical work and should have a good basic level of understanding of written and spoken English.
To book a place, please complete the attached booking form and return to VAC