Voluntary Action Coventry has been making people a little stronger since 1957, supporting hundreds of people into community roles each year. We are a nice bunch and have an open-door policy. Give us a try.
The world has changed so much, some for better and some for worse. The recent YouGov survey found that 31 per cent of 18-24 year olds said they felt lonely often or all of the time and this was undertaken before the pandemic! Loneliness is harmful to our health.
The CC4Y Project will engage young people from all areas of Coventry, whether new to the city, a student from overseas, a refugee, migrant or an established resident. Building people up with the confidence to form new social connections and beating loneliness through technology, brain food, friends and creativity.
What to expect:
- A one-to-one chat outdoors or on Zoom! with the project Engagement Officer.
- We will find out your interest in activities and will try to offer you support tailored to your specific needs and where you want to be.
- We will sometimes bring participants together in pairs or small groups.
- Activities will take place during Evenings and Weekends.
- There will be tutorials, Zoom! Cook and eat Friday Night Fake Aways, polls, online games, geocaching, walks, online gigs and prizes for involvement.
Chat Central for Youth Engagement Officer Nicky Smith will tell you more about the project here on this YouTube clip.
Joe Wicks and a stretch with Nicks (Nicky!)
Comfort food and comfort chats
Watch our Microwave Mug Cake tutorial here! https://youtu.be/XHn0mQ-QuDk
Please check our social media pages for the latest information on our sessions - when they are running and what we are doing!
CC4Y funders: The National Lottery Covid-19 Response Fund, Eveson Charitable Trust, Sheldon Trust, Garfield Weston Foundation, Baron Davenports Charity