Lifestyle choices – what we eat, how much we exercise, whether we smoke and how much we drink – have a profound effect on our health and wellbeing.
Public health commissioned a range of services to help individuals improve their lifestyle; this year these services will:
- help more than 2,000 people with addictions to drugs or alcohol
- support 4,000 people to start to quit smoking
- train 700 people to cook from scratch and on a budget
- help 1500 overweight and obese people to start to tackle weight issues
- screen 12,000 people for cardio vascular and lifestyle needs
- help more than 20,000 people become more active
Local organisations interested in referring clients or learning more about lifestyle issues are invited to attend Coventry’s lifestyle marketplace and meet organisations delivering a range of lifestyle services.
The marketplace event is free and will take place:
Date: Thursday 7th April 2016
Time : Between 1pm and 3pm
Venue : Coventry Rugby Club, Butts Park Arena, the Butts, Coventry, CV1 3GE
Exhibitors will include Coventry Warwickshire Partnership Trust , University Hospital Coventry & Warwickshire, Cook and Eat Well, Workplaces on the Move, The Recovery Partnership, Be Active Be Healthy Team, Warwickshire Wildlife Trust, Sky Blues in the Community, Coventry and Warwickshire Mind and others.
Please register at https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/lifestyle-services-marketplace-tickets-21557055734 or email FMUStrategicSupport@coventry.gov.uk for further details.