The Coventry Be Active Be Healthy Team are starting a 6 week Learn to Nordic Walk course.
It is starting on Wednesday 18th May 2016 from 5.30 – 6.30pm at the War Memorial Park.
Cost £15 or £9 with passport to leisure or Over 60s.
Nordic poles will be provided during the training.
Spaces are limited so please book as soon as possible.
Benefits of Nordic Walking
- Tones the upper and lower body at the same time
- Uses 90% of the skeletal muscles
- Burns up to 46% more calories than ordinary walking
- Reduces the pressure on knees and joints
- Great for the heart and lungs
- Ideal for neck, shoulder and back problems
- Poles propel the walker along, making it easier to move faster than normal without feeling the effort.
- It is one of the most effective cross training techniques for athletes and sports people who need ultimate cardiovascular and endurance conditioning.
- Can be done anywhere - no need for hills, country paths or even snow!
- It appeals to all ages and fitness levels.
- No need to wear special exercise clothing
- It's very sociable - you can chat as you go!
- It is easy to learn and to keep up.
- It combines exercise with nature - proven to boost your mood.
See poster below for more information.