If you are 15 – 25 years and not in employment, education or training or know a young person that wants to:
- Try something new
- Meet new people
- Build their confidence
- Build skills and experience
- Improve their wellbeing and health
- Make a difference to the community
- Move towards employment
Then VSquad can help.
- One to one support to help participants find a volunteering role that meets their needs and interests
- Taster volunteering sessions, if participants aren't sure what role is right for them
- Help to fill in forms and prepare for interviews
- Accredited and non-accredited training
- On-going support to help settle in to VSquad and the volunteering role
- A reference at the end of the placement
Take a look at the Progress November Newsletter to find out how Progress has helped young people.
VSquad is partly funded through Progress - a 'Building Better Opportunities' programme funded through Big Lottery Fund and European Social Fund.
Progress aims to support some of the most marginalised young people across Coventry and Warwickshire. At least 840 young people (aged 15-25 years) who are unemployed, economically inactive, NEET (Not in Education Employment or Training) or at risk of NEET will be supported into or towards employment, training, or education.
For more information on Building Better Opportunities: Progress and a list of the programme partners please visit: http://www.groundwork.org.uk/building-better-opportunities-progress
To find out more about Progress, the Partnership and for all the latest news stories, updates and case studies please visit the Progress website: www.groundwork.org.uk/progress