Voluntary Action Coventry has been making people a little stronger since 1957, supporting hundreds of people into community roles each year. We are a nice bunch and have an open-door policy. Give us a try.
The world has changed so much, some for better and some for worse. The recent YouGov survey found that 31 per cent of 18-24 year olds said they felt lonely often or all of the time and this was undertaken before the pandemic! Loneliness is harmful to our health.
The CC4Y Project will engage young people from all areas of Coventry, whether new to the city, a student from overseas, a refugee, migrant or an established resident, building them up with the confidence to form new social connections and relationships.
We will be running for two years to keep young people connected and beat loneliness through technology, brain food, friends and creativity.
What to expect:
- A one-to-one chat outdoors or on Zoom! with the project Engagement Officer.
- We will find out your interest in activities and will try to offer you support tailored to your specific needs and where you want to be.
- We will sometimes bring participants together in pairs or small groups.
- Activities will take place during Evenings and Weekends.
- There will be tutorials, Zoom! Cook and eat Friday Night Fake Aways, polls, online games, geocaching, walks, online gigs and prizes for involvement.
Chat Central for Youth Engagement Officer Nicky Smith will tell you more about the project here on this Youtube clip.
CC4Y December 2020 timetable
Here is our timetable this December, keep checking for updates
7pm – 8pm
Drop in chat Zoom
Say hello and meet the team!
One to one park Walk
Walk and talk
7pm – 9pm
Friday Night Fake Away Zoom!
Join us for fun and healthy alternatives to Take Aways.
We will drop off ingredients if you log on and cook with us.
Geo chaching, Games, Blogging.
CC4Y funders: The National Lottery Covid-19 Response Fund, Eveson Charitable Trust, Sheldon Trust, Garfield Weston Foundation, Baron Davenports Charity