This is a partnership project employed by VAC and working directly with Coventry & Rugby CCG and CCC and engaging with other partners across city. It works to inspire and empower the community in Coventry, mobilising action around cancer. For more information, please contact the Macmillan Community Mobilisation Coordinator Ruth Nelson at email@example.com.
Some of the framework that the project currently does is :
- Starting and supporting the Cancer in Coventry Operational Group which brings together services and organisations that are working around cancer to look at gaps and opportunities for new ways of working.
- Working with businesses and organisations to get them to consider the impact of cancer for workforce and friends. For more information, visit www.macmillan.org.uk/work
- Raising awareness and training opportunities from Macmillan websites and other cancer training. For more information, visit www.learnzone.org.uk
- Helping people affected by cancer have a voice in provision of local services
- Helping people promote cancer awareness and support information. For more information, visit https://be.macmillan.org.uk/
- Signposting and information to other places of information on cancer e.g. pharmacies, libraries, places of worship.