Here’s some of the responses from the 50 members that have completed our 2016-17 membership survey:
How have you benefited from membership of VAC?
- General updates are valuable to us. One to One service is excellent when needed. Helped us over the last year to secure funding from Big lottery.
- VAC were instrumental in helping us to set up our charity helping with the constitution etc and advising on all that needed to be done and have continued to be helpful particularly with funding updates and networking opportunities
- We have had a lot of support from staff. We appreciate all of your efforts to improve 3rd sector networking in Coventry - alongside providing timely information relating to funding and grant availability. Opportunities for involvement / discussion with CRCCG and CCC have been invaluable.
- We had help when setting up and help with funding sources, I found the funding fairs very helpful.
- VAC is hugely supportive in facilitating information and meetings with statutory sector services and in having an overview of issues that are relevant to the voluntary sector in Coventry and in using this information to support professional and effective service provision.
- Mostly for networking and information dissemination - keeping us up to date with what is going on in Coventry. We are a large national organisation but this is still vital for us to work effectively
- Helped us convert from a social enterprise to a CIO.
- Networking, Partnership working, new contacts, sharing best practice, advice, volunteers
- Provision of advice re policy and development, access to networking forums, provision of volunteers and specialist training.
- Networking and sharing similar experiences with other voluntary organisations
- Support in grant applications, networking. I know that I can get help with finding volunteers and help with fund raising
- Access to forums/meetings reduced training costs up to date information (useful news bulletins etc.)
- Information and signposting
- Info and knowledge sharing, partnership working
- CIC formation and registration - very helpful indeed.
- It has been useful in setting up as an organisation, now we are planning to register as a charity and have taken advice
If you would like to join VAC's membership please follow this link to find out how.