Hooray!!! Spring is really here and we are keeping our fingers crossed that Covid-19 is in retreat and that we can start meeting up again outside in April.
In the week beginning 12th of April, we may be able to start meeting together outside in groups of six. Weather and government guidance permitting, we will be meeting outside twice a week (see below). We also have our new “Active Central” project starting and Nicky will be getting us all a little more active (again more info below). We will still be running all of our regular on-line activities also so no-one needs to miss out.
Chat Central Weekly Calendar
3-5pm meet up to chat and/or walk
|11am – 12pm Culture Club|
|4-5pm Art||4-5pm Dance||
(from 14th April weather and gov permitting)
1.30-3.30pm – Coffee and chat - city centre (from 15th April weather and gov permitting)
What are our on-line events?
1. Drop-in coffee morning – a chance for anyone to come along for a general chat amongst friends. We often have guests from other organisations to tell you about other activities that you can get involved with. You can join this session via phone only if you want – don’t need internet access
2. Culture Club – come along and talk about any TV, film, book, radio, music etc. that you are enjoying. We may decide to watch something and discuss it, people may bring a short poem to share and discuss. You can join this session via phone only if you want – don’t need internet access.
3. Art Club – Seyedeh shows us how to make various creative projects, using things that you have around the house – you can just watch or join in, relax and chat at the same time as learning new skills.
4. Dancing – Seyedeh runs a very inclusive and enjoyable dance session with a mixture of Iranian/Arabic/Western/Bollywood tracks – open to all. You can use as much or as little energy as you like. People who attend are expected to participate in this class rather than just watch, but you can turn off your video if you are uncomfortable being seen dancing.
5. Chair Yoga – Neeta run this inclusive yoga session – is a lovely stretch for everyone – easy for those that need it and more challenging if you are more experienced. Make sure that you talk to Neeta if you have any physical conditions that can affect your mobility.
If you would like weekly updates through WhatsApp, text or Messenger, please let us know
Join us on zoom via video or phone
Video link: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/442864444
To join by phone dial 0131 460 1196 Meeting ID: 442 864 444.Then it will ask you for participant ID or # - so just press #
We also occasionally have spontaneous activities happening that members organise and I will keep people informed of things happening.
If you would like to be kept in the loop please let me know your contact details and look out for them on on social media.
We also occasionally have spontaneous activities happening that members organise and I will keep people informed of things happening. If you would like to be kept in the loop. Please let me know your contact details and look out for them on social media @ChatCentral2, Instagram: chatcentralcoventry. We also have a new Chat Central Facebook Page.
Chat Central this month
Celebrations and Important Dates
This time of year is full of religious and cultural celebrations – as it’s spring and people’s minds turn to better times and sunshine and abundance. We have recently celebrated Nowruz and the start of spring and Holi and we wish everyone celebrating a very good Easter and Passover – very important times for practising Christians and Jews. Ramadan is also beginning this week and is a time of reflection for all practising Muslims.
Holi - a Hindu festival started in India but is now celebrated around the world. It is known as the festival of love, colours and spring and involves people throwing coloured powder and water at each other. The two-day festival also celebrates the Hindu god Krishna and the legend of Holika and Prahlad
Nowruz (Persian: نوروز, pronounced [nowˈɾuːz]; lit. 'new day') is the Iranian New Year, also known as the Persian New Year, which begins on the spring equinox, marking the first day of Farvardin, the first month of the Iranian solar calendar.
Easter is a Christian holiday that celebrates the belief in the resurrection of Jesus Christ. ... Although a holiday of high religious significance in the Christian faith, many traditions associated with Easter date back to pre-Christian, pagan times
Passover (Hebrew: פסח, Pesach) is a religious holiday or festival noted by ceremonies each year, mostly by Jewish people. They celebrate it to remember when God used Moses to free the Israelites from slavery in Egypt, as told in the book of Exodus in the Bible
More from Voluntary Action Coventry
Voluntary Action Coventry’s volunteer drop-in
To find out about volunteering opportunities in Coventry or the projects we run, please join us on Zoom, Monday to Thursday 10am-11am. To join drop in by video please follow the link, to join by phone please call the number below and hopefully we’ll see you soon.
Time: 10am – 11am
Meeting ID: 990 9769 7426
Join Zoom Meeting: http://ow.ly/NPJo50BGHOG
One tap mobile
+441314601196, 99097697426# United Kingdom
On Wednesday morning 10-11am you can call Heather or Olugbemi on their phone
New Chat Central Volunteers
We are always looking for new volunteers who are willing to get involved with our Chat Central activities and also to call up people on the phone also for a friendly chat.