The Network is envisioned as an informal way to share information, raise awareness and highlight the good practice, the challenges and priorities in tackling health inequalities, particularly where these have worsened as a result of COVID19.
What they are offering members:
- Provision of information relating to health inequalities locally and nationally where and when available
- Area profiles with health inequalities data (in development)
- Awareness raising and training for staff within the sector
- Periodic updates via email
It is not intended that there will be regular meetings – information will be shared via email bulletins with an occasional meeting or event if warranted.
What they are asking of organisations that sign up:
- Demonstrate your commitment to working to tackle health inequalities alongside us by becoming a member of the Network
- Consider actions that could be taken in your role as an employer to help tackle health inequalities
- Share good practice and resources where appropriate and relevant
- Share some information with them about your services and how you are currently working to support the key Marmot Principles
As the Network develops, they hope to be able to work more collaboratively with the private sector, as well as carry out more service level data analysis to help inform the work and outcomes of VCSE organisations.
Sign up now and show your commitment to working with them to tackle health inequalities in Coventry. Email Hannah.email@example.com or Pooja.Ahluwalia@coventry.gov.uk to register your interest in being a member of the Network.