Hours: 22 hours per week (0.6 FTE)
Salary: £23,970 to £27,030 pro rata (£14,382 to £16,218 actual) plus contributory pension scheme
There is the opportunity to fill a brand-new role within the charity - a bid writer/fundraiser to research, design, write and submit detailed applications for capital and revenue funds to support their services. This will be an exceptional opportunity for a gifted and driven individual to build new networks and to establish, develop and maintain new fundraising initiatives for the charity.
They are looking for someone who is passionate about advice services that would enjoy the chance to make a real difference to people’s lives and make the case to donors, trusts and corporate organisations to fund our work in Coventry. Coventry Independent Advice Service is a dynamic local charity offering free advice, information and support across the city. People come to them with all sorts of problems and enquiries.
They can help to identify and claim benefits, to challenge decisions, to advise on strategies for dealing with problem debt, to negotiate with creditors and to provide information and support on a range of other social welfare issues.
Their service model is focused on reaching people where they live, in their own neighbourhoods, and in areas of greatest need. At the heart of our strategy is a commitment to reducing inequality and improving quality of life within the city of Coventry.
The coming years present a considerable challenge for us as we seek to meet increasing demand for advice while also maintaining a focus on quality and service development. We are therefore seeking to diversify our income sources and to develop additional projects to meet community need.
- This will be a wide-ranging role, working closely with the Director of Service, with trustees and colleagues, to establish, develop and maintain new fundraising initiatives.
- You will take a lead role in researching and developing funding proposals for trusts and foundations, individuals, corporates and others
- You will build a detailed understanding of the activities and strategic objectives to identify projects and activities of interest to funders.
- You will identify opportunities, lead on bid-writing and professional tender submissions and produce detailed personalised responses that contribute to their continued success.
- You will work alongside colleagues to produce and develop service models, solutions, evidence and content that support winning bids.
- You will maintain and strengthen relationships with existing and potential funders through regular newsletters and other correspondence, events and database management.
Further details about the role, person specification and application pack can be found our website at http://covadvice.org.uk/about-us/job-vacancies/
Deadline: Monday 12th June 2017 (at 4.00 pm)