Innovation & Development Fund returns
VAC has been commissioned by Coventry & Rugby Clinical Commissioning Group to deliver the Innovation & Development Fund again from October 2013 to March 2015. The £150k programme will see a £90k grants fund for initiatives tackling the following key CRCCG priorities:
• Dementia - including improving early detection; improving access to Cognitive Based Therapy during the early stages; offering enhanced support to carers and delaying the need for residential care
• Reducing urgent care (attendances and admissions)
• Alcohol-related illness - with particular emphasis on reducing alcohol-related hospital admissions and A&E users
• Smoking cessation - increasing the number of people who quit, with particular emphasis on reducing smoking in pregnancy
• Screening & immunisation - including increasing cancer screening uptakes and NHS Healthchecks, with particular emphasis on increasing screening for cervical cancer
As with the first Innovation & Development Fund, a Programme Manager will not only administer the fund but will also work closely with organisations at both application and delivery stage to ensure activity links closely with commissioning priorities and other health actions and delivery.
More details will follow nearer the time once the Programme Manager is appointed but in the meantime organisations are encouraged to start thinking about potential ideas for applications.